Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Book Review Home and Away by David and Nancy French

Home and Away: A Story of Family in a Time of War David French graduated from David Lipscomb University and from Harvard Law School with
honors.  This native Kentuckian became the lead attorney in the federal court case against the unconstitutional
speech code at Shippenburg University(with the Foundation For Individual Rights in education and won so why give all this up  to fight in Iraq? How does the spouse left behind deal with the ups and downs of suddenly having to raise the kids alone?  Was the year long deploement worth it  to them?  The aspect of this memoir I enjoyed the most was the fact that it was written from both sides of the coin.  So many times we may only get to see army wives on tv. or only from the soldiers point of view. If you have ever been curious as to what it's like then I highly recommend this book. I gave it 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. I would also like to thank Center Street for the opportunity to review this book.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...