Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rules of Engagement: Finding Faith and Purpose In a discconnected world By Chad Hennings

I gotta admit when I gotta admit when I got this book and realized it was geared toward men I was sorely disappointed.  The fact that he use to play for the Dallas
Cowboys meant absolutelynothing to me since I was'nt a football fan.But I felt obligated to read it and so I did Imagine my surprise when
it got me ,Ms Ultra Feminine, thinking about what I am here for and what is the purpose for my life!   So for me it was'nt the fact that he was  Air Force ,then a Dallas
Cowboy and then a businessman it was the idea that he had all the things society says
we should be happy : money, fame, and the attraction of the opposite sex  and yet
Self Fufillment  didn't come until he became active in ministry and charity work.    Another story that stood out was that of Victor Frankl who lost everything while
imprisoned in a Nazi Concentration  .  Most people would be hard pressed to  keep living without there job, or car  or family but Frankl not only lost all these things all at once he decided to give other prisoners the will to live.  No mattter what your circumstances are God can use you.    Nietzshe is quoted as saying "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."  I believe that a good relationship with  Christ will lead you to they why and he can give you the strength  to endure any how.   


I think the style and the book was organized  and simple and yes Ladies I think you can benefit from this book,too  I give the book 4 out of 5 stars. FTC Disclosure  : I would like to thank Faithwords which is a division of The Hatchett Group  for allowing me the opportunity to review this book and no I dont get paid to do this

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...