Monday, March 1, 2010

Scandalous Truth by Monica P. Carter (Urban Christian)

Scandalous Truth (Urban Christian)  Nikki Brousard is a stay at home mom with a degree,she has one child with William Broussard who, has a computer company, but these days he is preoccupied with getting Reverend Chance
elected mayor in Lousiana.  Their marriage  survived Hurricane Katrina and the loss of  their first computer company, but will it survive William not wanting his wife to work outside the home because he doesn't want to look like he can't provide for his family?  Will Nikki's secret destroy everything her husband has worked for? Then there is Danielle Esperanza ,Nikki's needy ,self centered friend from her college days.  While Danielle desperately needs her friend later in the story she still manages to push her away .  Will her faith
overcome her issues?  I thought the author did a pretty good job of showing how sometimes people won't let
you forget the things you did before you got saved.  Also how easy it is to proclaim what you believe in until
a crisis situation happens where you have to test that faith.    What I didn't care for was the names of some of these characters. I mean come on who in the world was going to name they child   Lo Dark? The thing that really bothered me the most was the plot that started off very strong but midway until the end it had more  holes in it than swiss cheese!(I dont believe that two grown people of the opposite sex can live together for almost a month and not sleep together!)William's character was too perfect and  Danielle wasn't a very well developed one it the sense that she didn't have any redeeming qualities.  Which in my opinon even troubled wounded people can   havegood qualties.  I could have used a better use of imagery but that's my personal preference.  Overall I gave this book 2 1/2 out of 5 stars                                              

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...