Saturday, December 26, 2009

black water rising by Attica Locke

Black Water Rising: A Novel Jay Porter is trying to survive his past.  Almost thrown in jail for his radical involvement in college. His fear clouds his world ten years later as a lawyer in what is supposed to be Houston,Texas in 1981.  He has a pregant wife who is quietly dissatified with their marriage will he be the man she needs him to be?The Port of Houston workers are about to strike . Will Jay forgive his former college buddy and help them?Will the white woman he fished out of the bayou one night be the end of him?

I must say I was intially impessed with the imagery and how well the author knew Houston(I live hear and lived here during the early 80's)  however just someone can accurately  name some streets does
not make up for not so well planned plot.  Which drags in the middle and towards the end.  Jay Porter is
so scary acting I am really too frustrated with him to care whether or not if ever develops a backbone!
I also felt the dialogue could have been better and I wasn't too thrilled with the ending I give it 2 out of 5 stars

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...