Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Book Review Nelson Mandela :the Revolutionary years

Young Mandela: The Revolutionary Years You may know him as the first South African president to be elected by a fully democratic election in 1994.You may know him as the  leader against the struggle of apartheid of South Africa, but did you know that his father was a chief that lost his title over a money scandal?Or  that his mother,Nosekeni Fanny, was his father's 3rd wife? Did you know that he receieved a british education at the age of 7?  Did you know that as a young adult he ran away to Johannesburg to avoid a prearranged marriage?  That his children from the first marriage blamed Winnie Mandela for the breakup!  Did you know that the African National Congress was fully aware that he would have to be a matry for their cause by being arrested?.  I thought the author owas very detail-oriented,organized and informative.  the question asto why such a small minority of people came into so much power was completely  answered. I was truly impressed ( and I rarely ever say that about a biography.  I would also like to say how much I personally admire Nelson Mandela's determination, to giht for what he believed in , in spite of monumental loss in terms of his family life.  To come out of prison  after 27 years to beome that nation's president speaks volumes on his persistance and God's grace.  Many thanks to the Hatcette Book Group for letting me review the book and no I don't get paid to do
so . I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...