Monday, April 4, 2011

An Atlas of Impossible Longing by Anuradha Roy

An Atlas of Impossible Longing: A NovelAnuadha Roy 's book Atlas of Impossible Longing was published in 2008 by  Picador in India
by UK by Mac Lehose.  Her second novel"The Folded Earth" will be released in India by Hatchette Books
,then later in the United States by Free Press (which is an Imprint of Simon and Schuster)  Atlas oF Impossible Longing was shortlisted for the Crossword prize and Longlisted for Impac award..The only thing difficult writing a review for this book is that whatever other book reviews have said is pretty accurate and correct.Why restate the obvious? I thought the author's style of writing was brilliant, colorful and prose like.The story is about Bakul
a motherless girl who falls in love with Mukunda an orphan of a unknown caste.  Long before we get their
dilema  .   We first go to a small town  outside of Bengal where Bakul's grandparents live whick beomes the backdrop for everything, else.Kananbala , the grandmother is going insane  but noone, not even her husband,Amulya really understands why.   He is fairly succesful at running the factory ,that makes herbal potions and pills.  Evne though Kananbala can be pretty cruel it's impoosible for her not to be  a little crazy
being cut off from Calcutta and her family there. I don't want to give away too much I would highly recommend getting this book and I would  give it 5 out of 5 stars.(Thank you Free Press for giving me the chance to review this book and no I don't receive mony to do so.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...