Monday, March 28, 2011

Early start to National Poetry Month Nikki Giovonni

The Collected Poetry of Nikki GiovanniI know National Poetry Month is in April but I couldn't wait so today I wanted to share this poem by one of my all-time favorite Nikki Giovanni

The December of my Springs


In the december of my of my springs
i long for the days
  i shall somehow have
free from children and dinners
and people i have grown stale with
this time i think i'll face love
with my heart instead of my glands
rather than hands clutching to satiate
my fingers will stroke to satisfy
i think it might be good
to decide rather than to need

that pitter-patter rhythm of rain
sliding on city streests is as satisfying
to me as this quiet has become
and like the raindrop I accede to my nature

perhaps there will be no
difference between the foolishness of age
and the foolishness of youth
some say we are responsible
for those we love
others know we are responsible
for those who love us
so i sit waiting
for a fresh thought
to stir the atmosphere

i'm glad i'm not iron
else i would be burned
by now

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...