Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Review:Fall to Grace: A revolution of God,Self &Society by Jay Baker (part 1)

Fall to Grace: A Revolution of God, Self & Society"It's a huge deal, this word Abba;this familar language.   It changes everything.In speaking to God this way,Jesus shows us that there is a relationship even more devout than obedience.  He show us that it's possible to know God in an intimate way, that there's a loving exchange  available here.  What could be holier than that?  I love the idea of Abba , because it encapsulates the Fundamental change from law to grace,from judgement to love.  My; friend Brennan Manning wrote an entire book about the Abba concept, called"Abba's child"In it he describes how transformative the Abba-son relationship has beef for him:"The greatest gift I have ever received from Jesus Christ has bee the Abba experience," He writes."My dignity as Abba's child is my most coherent sense of self"  I have taken this from page 74-75 of the book"Fall to Grace: a Revolution of God, Self&Society"  I feel this illustrates the vcery core of God's Grace and what this book is showing us is that His
grace is available to everyone,in spiet of mistakes , poor choices, or negatiave experiences we may have had with other well intentioned Christians.the book is divided into 3 sections.
Part I Revolution of God
Part II Revolution of Self
Part III Revolultion of Society
I want to give a longer post about this so I am posting Part 2 next week so stay tuned.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...