Saturday, November 20, 2010

Velocity by Alan Jacobson

Velocity (Karen Vail)For those of you that are n't familiar with Alan Jacobson, this is a Karen Vail  novel so this is a part of a series.  The first thing that came to mind was Maggie O'Dell character(Alex Kava's character from Damaged),but trust me when I tell you the only similarity is that they are both female and work for the FBI!  Karen Vail's character is definitely tougher  with more "grit" if you will.Her boyfriend Robby Hernandez has been kindapped.Girfriend must be in love or sprung because  she had no problem going toe to toe with her boss so she could stay on the case.(Dont't worry ladies she quickly realized her bills wouldn't get paid without
a job and allowed herself to be put on another case.)Meanwhile, the Crush Killer a.k.a John Mayfield has
been caught but was shot while in custody by Detective Ray Lugo and had be put in a coma by the doctors.
Detective Lugo was killed by one of the ricochet bullets.His wife ,Merilynn Lugo won't say anything until she
is placed into the Federal Witness Protection.,which begs the question what was Ray doing that his family would feel the need to get protection?There isn't alot of time for our friend Robby. In the bed and breakfast he was last seen they've already found blood that may be his ,so there just isn't alot of time.Is their a connection between him and John Mayfield?  My overall impression: I was glad the author didn't assume that
I was familiar with this series and gave me enough details so I wouldn't feel totally lost.  I'm not super sure if I
was convinced that Karen Vail had been kidnapped because she didn't appear to have symptoms that people with PTSD  would normally have but  I did feel empathetic enough to keep reading.I felt the author's writing style was straight forward lace with a subtle kind of humor I gave this book 4 and a 1/2 stars out of 5 .
I would also like to thank Julie H. at Fsb media for giving me an opportunity to review this book and here's
a link to the author's website.www.AlanJacobson.com

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...