Monday, October 25, 2010

Without a Word by Jill Kelly Book Review

Today I will be linking up withwww.betweenthelinesandmore.blogspot.com and I will review"Without a Word by Jill Kelly.
We may know Jim Kelly ,the Buffalo Bill's answer to the Superbowls of yesterday.  Honey in the earlier part of the 1990's  they were definitely running things.  Mr. Kelly lead them there in 1990,1991,1992 and 1993.
In 2002 he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Jim Kelly was definitely the Man of the Moment. But what you may not know is that by the time he retired from football life had already taken a dramatic turn.In June 1997 Hunter Kelly was diagnosed wtih Krabbe's Leukodystrophy.  Merriam-Webster
definess Krabbe's Disease as a rapidly progressive demyelinating familial leukoencephalopathy with onset
in infancy characterized by irritablity followed by tonic convulsions, quadriplegia, blindness,deafness, dementia, and death.  This memoir captures a family's struggle with a terminally ill child .  How does your faith survive something like this? My overall impression of the book at first I thought some of the diary entries that were included were a little contrived. As I read further along ,come to find out that she wrote them
to be read out loud for Hunter  which I thought was so sweet.  Even though they lost the battle with the disease , they didn't lose their marriage ,that is a miracle in and of  itself.  I gave the book 4 out of 5 stars.
Ftc disclosure I  woud like to thank Faith Words(Hatchett Book Group) for allowing me the opportunity to review this book,but other than being an Amazon Associate, I dont recieve any compenstation from the publisher to review the book.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...