Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom liked you best by Jane Isay

Mom Still Likes You Best: The Unfinished Business Between SiblingsI  am going to be honest I think I misunderstood the intention of the book .  I thought this was going to be
a guide for people that wanted to cope with a parent who liked a sibling better.  It's more about sibling rivarly,how they did or didn't get along with their sister or brother.That in and of itself is not a bad thing
I guess it then becomes subjective.  If you derive a lot of pleasure from learning how other people grew up
then you may  enjoy this.  However if you are hoping to come away with something more tangible and concrete, something that doesn't state the obvious.  Then you may not like it, again it goes back to what you
are hoping to get out of reading this.  Here's a partial  list of the Table of Contents

Part I  Beginnings
1. Just so stories
2. The circus tent

Part II Life's Course
5. Gravity shifts
6. When difference leads to distance

Part III Making Choices
8. Trading Places
9. Message in a Bottle

The author's writing style was average overall I gave the book 3 out of 5 stars
I would like to thank Double Day for giving me the opportunity to review this  book and no
I dont receive any compensation (Ftc disclosure)

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...