Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Language of Secrets By Dianne Dixon

The Language of Secrets Handsome green eyed Justin Fisher who is the manager of a posh hotel has a troubled past that intereferes
with the life he's trying to build with his wife Amy and his son Zach.  He hasn't seen his parents or his sisters
in awhile.  He goes back to his parents house on Lima street only to find it's been sold and to add insult to injury his parents are dead.  Just when you think it can't get worse he finds another grave next to his parents' grave with his name on it from 1975!  I found myself sympathetic to Justin's character intially especially since
the wife Amy wasn't supportive at all,she came across as someone who has led a pampered existence her
husband's shocking discoveries were treated as a huge inconvience.  I personally would've liked to see more
about there son Zack, but because we have alot of flashbacks to 1974 to try to understand  how Justin got to this point I went with it.  The imagery started to fall pretty flat early on,but read it anyway because I was curious(not totally convinced but still wanting to know how all this was going to fit together).  I saw alot of potential in the beginning, but the biggest problem I had was the story opened with the premise that Justin hadn't seen his family in 10 years,Justin tried to reach out to his"estranged" sister but not only does she not know who he is
she wants him off her property, it's not until much later in the book that you find out that he hadn't seen them
in 30 years and because of trauma he managed to block out 20-25 years!   The author's style of writing was very unimaginitive.  I can only give it 1 out of 5 stars


   I would like to thank Doubleday Publishing for giving me an opportunity to review this book

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...