Thursday, April 29, 2010

Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson and RichardDilallo

I got to be honest I love James Patterson but ,I am not usually a fan of the collaborations ( for me  it tends to lose something) This will be the first time in my
adult life I am glad to say I was wrong!We go back in time to Mississippi's
violent past to the early 1900's.  Ben Corbett a Washington D.C. lawyer,who was born and bred in Eudora,Mississippi ,was sent back to his hometown By the president
,Theodore Roosevelt to investigate the lynchings going on in that state.  Now keep in
mind Mrs.Corbett isn't too pleased about the way things are going in the marriage
(and honey when mama ain't happy nobody is happy!)   because he takes on cases from people who can't afford to pay him. So the big question here is will their marriage
survive this trip?  His father is a respected judge in Eudora ,but feels disappointment
about his only son who defends people of color.  Can they make amends on this
trip back?  Abraham Cross (Alex Cross's great uncle ) will be a contact for him while he is in town mostly this story is told from Ben Corbett's perspective.  The dialogue was excellent and the characters were well rounded enough to be believable.  I don't care for stories where the character is all good or all bad because in real life there is more complexity than that.  James Patterson is very skilled at creating tension and moving the story at the right pace .  So overall I  really enjoyed this collaboration.  So what was your favorite book by James Patterson?  Is there a collaboration that you liked that stood out from the rest?

Ftc disclosure:  I would like to thank the Hatchet Book Group for allowing me the opportunity to review this
book and no I don't get paid to review this book but I am an Amazon Associate

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...