Monday, March 21, 2011

Part Two of "Fall to Grace" by Jay Bakker

No discussion of God's Grace be complete without mentioning the following verse from  Romans 6:1-2
"What shall we say then?Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?Certainly not!How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it"(NKJV)   I am not dondeming thte author's approach to this topic,but I don't remember seeing this verse and ,in my opinon, I think it's vital to include it.  Without it may make receiving God's
Grace the equivalent of getting a Get Out of Jail free card.  Anyone who has played  Monolopy (Yes folks it's
a board game bear with me I am going somewhere with this) knows that besides accumulating  a lot of property,
,collecting $200 when you pass go, the best thing you can get is that "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" simply because
if you landed on the square that says Go To Jail and you had that card you didn't have to go.   Well God's Grace isn't quite like that . If you have already received God's Grace for something you done wrong , it doesn't mean we should abuse it by going out and willfully do the same thing (without any real remorse) and then expect God to forgive you.(I am not talking about people with addictions that is something a little different).  I say this because I have seen people in real life do this and are later totally surprised by the consequences that follow.

Overall I did enjoy this book,but if you are looking for  alot of gory ,intimate details about Jim and Tammy Faye
it's not a memoir so you won't get  much information there.  I did find his writing very honest, provocative and
well organized so I am giving it 3 and a half stars out of 5.  I would like to take this time  thank FaithWords
which is an imprint of Hatchette Book Group for letting me review this  and no I dont get paid to do so.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...