Monday, December 21, 2009

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao  Oscar believes his family is cursed.  His mother ,Belicia,survivied atrocities she almost didn't
speak of again.  His sister,Lola a constant runaway.  How else do you explain this life our nerdy Dominican in Paterson, New Jersey.  When I found out this book won the Pulitizer Prize (2008) in  Literature just like a true
junkie,I wasn't happy until I got it!  This author has a gritty,raw way of telling this story and yet it's hauntingly
beautiful.  It's like finding a diamond near a garbage dump..You just don't expect to find something
this amazing in the landscape we call contemporary literature. I strongly recommend this book for your
permanent collection.  I would give it 7 stars but the most I can give any book is 5 out of 5.

New Location

If you have made it here then I want to direct you to my newer improved blog over on wordpress ( New blog .) I just want to thank you guys f...